How Comfort Keepers Private Duty Nursing Can Help
Our skilled home health licensed practical nurses (LPN's) and registered nurses (RN's) can perform many medical tasks such as the following:
- setting up medications in weekly pill boxes or automatic medication dispensing machines to help ensure medications are administered appropriately
- administering medications, such as oral and topical medications, eye and eardrops, injections, nebulizers, inhalants, and oxygen
- providing personal medical care, including nail trimming, oral cavity suctioning, and bowel supervision
- filling insulin syringes, interpreting blood sugar results and physician-ordered sliding scale dosages, and drawing up and/or mixing insulin for future injections
- maintaining ostomy and catheter hygiene
- care training for family members
Comfort Keepers’ private duty nursing services are available with regularly scheduled visits or hourly care for extended shifts, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We work closely with the client’s medical team and family to provide extended support.
Call us today at (803) 220-0217 for more information or to schedule your free in-home consultation.
What is Private Duty Nursing?
In contrast to Comfort Keepers' traditional in-home care services, private duty nursing provides one-on-one medical care to an individual in the home or in a facility. Private duty nurses provide the higher level of care while working in tandem with the caregiver who is providing companion-homemaker services along with personal care services. Our goal is to provide the customized care needed by a client, all from one agency.Contact Us